Apr 3, 2012

Home workspace

Since Sonny has my old studio for a bedroom, figuring out a way to work at the house has been a challenge.
It hasn't been too bad, especially since it took me a really long time to get back into things and adjust to his Incredible Ever Changing Schedule! (I think that I may have been enabling a lot of it now that I look back on things - but when he was so tiny it was hard to let him cry so we spent A LOT of time together. We watched three seasons of Angel in a little over 2 weeks. No joke)

But in the last few weeks particularly things are turning a corner for us. He's happily playing on his own in the Shack (playpen) for a good 20 minutes to a half hour at a time and it allows me to get my day organized or eat breakfast or draw even (this is a big one for me!) and it's SO WONDERFUL.

So. Wonderful.

And I've got this sweet little set up in the bedroom for myself now

It's my little market table that was living behind our bedroom door between shows! It's much happier now that we are hanging out more.

I have to only work on one project at a time - it's not very big - but it allows me to have a space to be creative and work from home while The Boss is napping. HUGE!

This new arrangement might evolve again over the summer or next fall, now that Sonny is so much more involved around the house it's harder for Geoff to study and get work done in the dining room, it might work better for him to be in a space where he is able to close the door!

But for now, this is great!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...