Jul 21, 2010

Wedding bands

A while back I made this ring for Ben and Yona, a lovely couple in Vancouver.

And they contacted me to make their bands for their big day too!
I can't really take any credit for the design of these, as once we started talking about it, they knew what they wanted.
They wanted to use the same materials that are in her engagement ring (recycled 14k gold, silver and copper) and they wanted them in layers so that when they looked down on their hands, they would see plain silver bands, and the copper is sandwiched between the silver and gold so that the gold was against their skin.






I hand forged these babies, which was a learning curve for me as well as an enjoyable therapeutic process (nothing like hammering the crap out of some metal to get your Negatives out!) and I am really happy with how they turned out. So subtle and elegant, the copper peeks through on the sides of the bands to really warm them up and the gold inside lining is so luxurious!

They recieved them in the mail yesterday and love them!
Congratulations again Ben and Yona! I just know that you will be blissfully happy together!
xo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...