Dec 16, 2007

Cozy weekend in, oh yes

On Saturday this weekend, I started my christmas crafting. This is the first year that gifts from me have not been predominantly jewellery.
It feels kind of good.
It starts with this...





Oh the cuteness! It's the same itchy (for me, everyone else is probably fine, I'm just lucky) gorgeous green tweed of the Top. The Cuteness as I will call it.
And I tried my hand at embroidery, which I think might be my new favorite thing right now. It's like drawing with thread, and I REALLY like that right now.

So I might have to embroider everything I own.
You know how it is.

On top of that fun project I've been preparing gifts for christmas as well.
(I can't post pictures though, I don't want to ruin the surprises!)


Today has been about food.

These cookies are amazing.
I haven't made them since we lived in Halifax, and a friend who couldn't eat gluten used to come over for tea. I had used a straight quinoa flour and it was pretty darn good, a little nuttier tasting than the originals, but still delicious.
Today I made them with the GF mix that I make here at home (Bette Hagman's four flour mix) and they were much closer to the original flavour.
So wonderful!

Fudgies:
(makes three dozen accordingly to the recipe, but about 2 when I made them today)
3/4 C butter
3/4 C granulated sugar
1/4 C brown sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla
2 squares unsweetened chocolate
1/4 t salt
2 C flour (and I substitute my flour 1:1, it's such a good mix)
1 C chopped walnuts (but I've never used them)

Cream the butter until light.
Gradually beat in the white and brown sugar until creamy and light
Beat in the egg and vanilla
Meanwhile, melt the chocolate over LOW heat.
Stir the chocolate into the butter mixture.
Slowly stir in the salt and flour, combine thoroughly (but don't overbeat, it will make the cookies drier.)
Shape into walnut sized balls, and make an imprint with your thumb.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, until JUST done.
Cool on a rack.

Although I will be perfectly honest and admit that they rarely reach the rack they are so good.


And I am currently waiting for Gnocci to dry out so I can cook up some Sweet Potato gnocci.
This is the first time I've tried this recipe, so we'll see how it goes!

(I apologize for the super dark picture! I always bake the stuff I want to take pictures of at night!)
I'm thinking that I will sprinkle the top of my gnocci with some shredded goat's milk, gouda cheese.

Should be good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...