Feb 25, 2010

The Cosmic Beard.

For Christmas this year, my sister and her boyfriend regifted Geoff and I a painting called "The Christ Head."

We are not particularly religious. If you asked us about faith, we would both agree that we have it, but it's not in an old dude wearing robes and telling us humans what to do. I am paraphrasing. Obviously.

While I totally respect Religion in almost all of it's forms (I have a hard time wrapping my head around killing innocents for any reason, sorry.) personally I lean more to the pagan way of things. Ack! She's a HEATHEN!

Ahem,

It had clearly been well loved in previous homes, the poster was all bent and the frame is pretty dirty, but we didn't want to throw away their gift, because it's pretty big, and hilarious in a from the 50's kind of way.

So it has become The Cosmic Beard.



You can't really see in this picture, but there are stars painted in there, I even tried my hand at making up a few constellations. But the glare from the glass prevents you from seeing most of that. However you do get a pretty nice view of my kitchen in the reflection.

While I was in Art School, a classmate of mine made an amazing linocut of Frida Kaolo's hair and that was the inspiration for keeping the hair and beard here.
Thanks Jen!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...