Jul 30, 2008

Home made stuff and a birthday

We have started making supplies for ourselves. Geoff makes our toothpaste, I make a lot of our food from scratch now, and this weekend I made some exfoliating facial cleanser from stuff in the cupboard.
I really love Lush. Like REALLY love it. But getting to a Lush store is sometimes a little tricky, what with all the no shopping I do. (the best way to save money? DON'T GO TO THE MALL)
Ahem.
Anyway.
I was all out of my face stuff that I love and the bar soap wasn't doing the trick for me. SO I checked out the ingredients, and minus one (and some variations), we had everything in the kitchen.
So I made this.

It's pretty nice, my skin is happy and relaxed (from the lavender and chamomile) and I feel really good knowing exactly what is going on my skin.

Here's what you need:
1/4 cup ground almonds
1 teaspoon vegetable glycerin (we also use this for the tooth paste)
1 teaspoon rosewater/witch hazel/lavender water whatever
10 drops lavender oil
1 chamomile teabag (try to find just straight up chamomile flowers if you can)

-Remove the chamomile from the bag,mix it all up in a small bowl, add a little more glycerin or rosewater to make a paste like consistancy and throw it all into a air tight container.
When you want to use it all you need to do is pinch a little into your fingers and rub it onto your wet face. Then rinse it off with warm water.
Done.

Easy peasy.

The only thing that this recipe is missing is a clay, I think it's kaolin. I am going to look for it the next time we're at the health food store and try it in the next batch I whip up.


Last night we made awesome Pizza for the first time at home (that I can remember. We may have tried this before)
Gluten free of course.
And totally delicious.
We picked up a french bread/pizza mix from the East West market on Main street (a little grocer that is amazing and stocks a variety of gluten free options)
and whipped up these bad boys.


THe mix made enough for two full sized pizzas, so we each made our own.
Geoff's was panchetta, mushroom, sundried tomato, feta and green pepper.
Mine was olive oil, spinach, mushroom, chicken and artichoke.
Yum!!
We ate our fill yesterday and we've got lunch plus snacks for today!

We'll definitely be making those again.

I made myself a cardigan this weekend too.
Took the pattern from my current favorite and ran with it.
There are a couple of things I would do differently (ie: properly) next time, but all in all I'm pretty happy with it.



And last thing for today, but certainly not the least,
Norman is 10 years old today!
Happy birthday Stink!




1 comment:

Julie said...

facial scrub, tasty pizza and new cardigan! wow, you have so many talents! say happy birthday to norman for me :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...