Mar 7, 2009

Chocolate Cake for breakfast


Last night I tried out a new recipe.

I can't show you pictures of what it originally looked like because it's already almost gone. I am currently finishing the last piece for second breakfast.

But it's g o o o d.

I changed the recipe a little bit to omit the sugar.

Good Sense Brownies
(adapted from a Homemakers magazine recipe)

-Melt 1/4 cup margerine or butter with 2 squares of bittersweet (or semisweet) bakers chocolate in a sauce pan over medium heat.

-Stir in 1/2 to 3/4 cup brown rice syrup. (the original recipe called for 3/4 cup granulated sugar, but we are off the sweet stuff and I had the rice syrup on hand, I bet agave or honey would work too.)

-Stir in 1 beaten egg and 1 tspn vanilla (I used cinnamon because we are out of vanilla at the moment)

-Add 1/2 cup flour (we used Bob's Red Mill gluten free mix), 1/2 cup cooked and mashed sweet potato, 2 tbspns cocoa powder, 1 tspn baking powder an 1/4 tspn salt
Mix this all together until just combined.

-stir in 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.

Spread into a lightly greased 8" cake pan and bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.

This is SO MOIST, and super rich. It's almost like a flourless torte or fudge or something. I am thankful that it only makes a small cake because holy shit, I have eaten most of this thing in the last 10 hours and I would keep eating it if it were larger.

Which would be bad.

I am going to have to eat salad for the rest of the weekend as it is just to balance out breakfast.

1 comment:

Steven Brown said...

Your article was really well written and easy to follow. I think that a lot of other people would find this article super useful. You should look at reposting it on Wacanai.com(http://www.wacanai.com/intro). They have a lot of awesome articles on the website and they help you get your article read because you can post your link and drive traffic back to your website. They have a good search engine and it is perfect for getting your stuff read. Wacanai also matches your article with other articles that use the same material so it could give you some new ideas!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...