Feb 16, 2011

Everyday Jewellery


I have realized that I don't really wear any of my own jewellery right now.

I have stopped wearing my engagement ring, since Geoff gave me THIS RING for Christmas.

Do you remember when I posted how much I LOVED it last summer?
(I may never take it off, seriously, never. take. it. off) So I am thinking about resetting my engagement ring so I can wear it on my other hand. I couldn't decide between two designs when I originally made it, and I went with the style that I could wear with my wedding band (which I made to match Geoff's)
So I am thinking that I'll make the other design for my right hand and then I get BOTH.

It's hard being a jeweller sometimes.

ANYWAY. What I am getting at is that I am sharing the jewellery that I wear everyday.
Ahem...

So my rings. And this necklace...

My mom bought me the quartz pendant and chain for Christmas a couple years ago and the Seahorse was a gift to myself from this shop which I love love love.

Seahorses are one of my favorite animals (Geoff gave me one cast in resin for my birthday and a friend brought me one back from Disneyland -of all places!- when we were 12) and I bought this little sweetheart when I found out I was pregnant, I couldn't resist it after I read this.


"if the seahorse carries the souls of deceased sailors to the underworld ~ giving them safe passage and protection until they meet their soul’s destination ... why couldn't she carry us along on her back while we travel our own life's journey?

long believed a symbol of good luck and mythical significance, this intricate and diverse little creature is full of surprises

content to roam the seas with her ambling-type motion, this calm and mild-mannered creature is symbolic of patience and contentment ~ happy with being where she is, and in no hurry for advancement

the eyesight of these tiny ponies is incredibly sharp, with each eye moving independently. take this as a symbolic message of perception and awareness of those around us and of our own situations. when we are lost or confused, the seahorse asks us to take a good look around ~ not just with our physical eyes but with our spiritual eyes ...

one of the most unique aspects of the seahorse is that the male is impregnated by the female and carries the offspring to term. this is a message of sharing the load in the home, and of gaining perspective on both sides of any situation

so, clasp this beauty around your neck, and let her lead you where she may ~ in whatever direction you'd like the current to take you ..."


So amazing. All of her stuff is amazing too, you really should check it out.
(Here)

And last but not least, my bracelets and watch...

Both bracelets are samples that I made up and never took off, the chain doesn't even have anything on it! I just like the chain. And the bangle has since evolved into the Bird Bangles (to be posted soon, I promise) and Birch Bangles (again, pictures soon)
My watch was my Amma's. My mom had a new battery put in it for me for Christmas many years ago and I've worn it ever since. (although the poor thing has been living rough since moving onto my arm (I'm a grand gesturer and bash my arms about willy nilly ALL THE TIME) and it's starting to behave erratically. I might actually have to get a new watch soon. This gives me Sad Face)

I've had people ask me if I can show them my jewellery designs whenever they hear that I make jewellery, and I don't actually wear anything that I've made myself! (my wedding band doesn't count, it's so simple) so I have been thinking about changing that, when I remake my engagement ring I'll probably never take that off either, so that counts.

And I've got a little something swirling around in my brain, a treat for myself before I close up the studio next month. But I've got a few commissions that I have to finish first, so if I don't have time for this, then it will have to wait.

But I am liking where it's going.

In my brain.

1 comment:

MOMSICLE VIBE said...

I was eyeing that delicious watch on the weekend. LOVE IT. And all of your stuff, self made and otherwise.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...